Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Remove Job Group from Workflow

Posted Oct 15, 2019 07:34 AM
    Hi folks,

I assigned a workflow to a job group and just want to remove that assignment, but AWI would not let me. I just cannot leave that field blank. AWI puts the last entry, when I remove all characters or fill in blank characters. Must be a bug.

My AWI Version is: Automic Web Interface 12.2.2.hf1-dev-feature-12.2.2-hf.1-86456

Is there any other way than messing with the database or using the old java client?

Thanks and regards, Nicole

------------------------------
    Regards, Nicole

• 2.  RE: Remove Job Group from Workflow

Posted Oct 15, 2019 11:03 AM
    Hi Nicole,

With 12.2. I would choose the JAVA UI when you have it available and double check if it helps as simple work arround. 
    If you don't have the old UI or id doesn't work with it too, you can export a workflow without a job group assignment and the workflow where you have the issues. Best is to open both xml with notepad++ or ultraedit and search for the tag what is holding the job group object. Than compare it with the export without a job goup and change the other xml to get rid of the job group you no longer need.

Hope it helps,
    Franz

Managing Consultant Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies Austria GmbH

• 3.  RE: Remove Job Group from Workflow

Posted Oct 16, 2019 04:08 AM
    Edited by Nicole Boeger Oct 16, 2019 04:08 AM
    Thanks, Franz,  for your suggestions.

I tried to change the workflow with the java UI already, but I cannot save it because of another reason. I added some docu tab in my templates, and that's why I cannot save changes in java UI any more.

Nevertheless, carefully changing the XML export and then import it again is a great idea!

Thanks, Nicole

Regards, Nicole

• 4.  RE: Remove Job Group from Workflow

Posted Oct 16, 2019 09:46 AM
    Edited by Nicole Boeger Oct 16, 2019 09:46 AM
    Changing the tag "<StartType>...</StartType>" to "<StartType/>" did the trick in the export of the workflow.

Regards, Nicole

• 5.  RE: Remove Job Group from Workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2019 04:19 AM
    Just an update, in case someone else stumbled over this:
    When you click on the Field for the job group, a menu under the field opens with an empty row. Clicking on this row deletes the job group entry and then you are able to save the object without the job group.

In general it's better to click on the provided entry list in a field in AWI instead of inserting the name of the object you want to assign.

Regards, Nicole