Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do I limit a user from performing a Modify Task > Restart in the Activities Window?

Posted Oct 09, 2020 01:23 PM

I created a very limited user that has Explorer access to execute one job in one folder. These limitations work fine but the user can right-click on any job in the Activities Window and select  Modify Task > Restart. When the user right-clicks on any job in the Activities Window Restart is the only selection under Modify Task. I cannot determine how to take away Modify > Restart. If access to the Activities Window itself needs to be taken away that is fine but I cannot determine how to do that either. Thank you. 

• 2.  RE: How do I limit a user from performing a Modify Task > Restart in the Activities Window?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2020 07:47 PM
    You need to think of it this way;
    (1) give him NO RIGHTS
    (2) then grant him rights just to the one application.

When I grant access to run one application, I usually have to grant these things;
    1. The JOBP that runs the app
    2. The JOBSs they are going to run
    3. The PRPTs it uses
    4. The LOGINs it uses
    5. The QUEUEs it is going to run in
    6. The HOSTs it is going to run on
    7. All JOBI's because the system also uses includes that you don't see.

I do not grant any W(Write) or D(Delete) rights.

------------------------------
    Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 3.  RE: How do I limit a user from performing a Modify Task > Restart in the Activities Window?

Posted Oct 20, 2020 01:33 PM

Thank you for the response Pete. We did as you suggested; created a user with no Authorizations and Privileges and added them as needed. Our user has the limits we want except the only way to take away Modify Task > Restart in the Activities Window was to take away Statistics (S in Authorizations) which we would have preferred to keep.   

Thank you,

Harold Perkins                                                                                    

Client Technical Support Rep, Staff                                                               

Office: 541-766-7192

I will be out-of-office: 10/16/20 and 10//19/20

Fiserv

Fiserv | Join Our Team | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook

FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies® 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

© 2020 Fiserv Inc. or its affiliates. Fiserv is a registered trademark of Fiserv Inc. Privacy Policy

© 2020 Fortune Media IP Limited. Used under license.  

• 4.  RE: How do I limit a user from performing a Modify Task > Restart in the Activities Window?

Posted Oct 20, 2020 02:37 PM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Oct 20, 2020 02:37 PM
    Great!  I'm not sure why you want to restrict ModifyTask/Restart though.  Did you find they could restart tasks that did not belong to them?

The other thing I like to do, is put these grants into a USER GROUP object and attach it to the users that need it.  This makes it easier to maintain, easier to reuse, and easier to report to my auditors exactly who has these grants.  I run my own query for audit that shows these user/usergroup assignments.

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA