Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  I-Series Workload

Posted Sep 29, 2020 07:33 PM

These questions are i-Series {AS400} related.

Is it possible when submitting an i-Series job to not create a junk QPRINT spoolfile in PRT01, user data=UC4MDSTR? Or create it in a queue that is cleared often? 

How do we submit a job to run as a 'different user' on AS400 side.  using a 'login object' appears to require knowing the ID's password on the AS400 side, we have service accounts with password=*NONE. Some tasks we might want to run as QSYSOPR and the password rotates regularly and is not shared out. How do other support these type scenarios? 
    Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Dan Haberer
    [Global Ops Manager]
    [VF Corp] US

• 2.  RE: I-Series Workload

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2020 05:39 AM
    Hi @DHaberer, I will try to provide you with the answers:

Q-1.) Such outputs are created as part of the job and are used by an agent for Job recovery (when the agent is going down during the job runs) and for notifying the agent about the job status. It can be removed from the job template (HEADER, TRAILER) but it's not recommended. This could have an impact on the job monitor and/or job status evaluation (especially for ILE CL jobs). Anyway, these spools have to be automatically deleted when the job completes (see parameter spool= in INI). Additionally, you can adapt the SBMJOB (in agent ini see "sbmmsk="), so that the spools will be created in different OUTQ.

Q-2.) At the moment there is not really a generic option for such scenarios. You can use the SBMJOB mask where you can put the user profile which will be used, like sbmmsk=USER(QSYSOPR) (this has impact on all jobs started by this Agent) and additionally disable the LOGIN verification for Jobs (see UC_HOSTCHAR_*, ANNONYMOUS_JOB setting). So you can start the job as a different user but this setting will be used for any job ... (other tasks like FileTransfer or file Event are excluded).​

Product Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company

• 3.  RE: I-Series Workload

Posted Oct 02, 2020 01:48 AM
    Thank you Tatjana.

Dan Haberer
    [Global Ops Manager]
    [VF Corp] US