Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Posted Mar 18, 2020 11:35 AM
    Edited by John O'Mullane Mar 18, 2020 11:35 AM
    Hi,
    I am upgrading from V12.1 to V12.3.2

I have 2 .jar files that I got from Automic Support way back that have been working fine up until now but are failing on V12.3.2

• DeactivateTasks.jar
    • DeleteAgent.jar
    These Jar files take a few parameter.

java -jar DeactivateTasks.jar &AGENT_IP# &USER# ADMIN &PW# &$CLIENT# ANY_ABEND
    java -jar DeleteAgent.jar &AGENT_IP# 2217 &PW# &HOST#

I use these to cleanup Tasks on my Process monitor and Agents that I want to remove from the backend

Both these have not stopped working getting this error. These were both working on V12.1 fine.

Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Anyone know if anything changed with V12.3 that rings a bell here or where I can get a more modern version of these Jars?
    Not sure what "Client (10.0)" refers to above as we haven't been on Client 10 for 4 years.

JOhn.

• 2.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2020 04:47 AM
    Hi John,
    I do not know these tools nor I know if they are still maintained.

I had created for a customer project a tool for removing unused Automic Agent objects.

I will be happy to send it to you.
    Regards
    Kay

------------------------------
    Sr. Solution Architect
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Posted Mar 19, 2020 05:04 AM
    That would be great. Not sure what the best way to send this is. I can send you my email address privately.

just on the Task Deactivation, we had asked for this from Automic way back when we were on Version 10 and there was no easy way of deactivating old tasks.
    Is there now an automated process that deactivates old tasks?

• 4.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Posted Mar 20, 2020 04:16 AM
    Hi John,

Looks that your jar files like use the Java API - when using another Major AWA version you must update the uc4.jar (located in image/ApplicationInterface)
    Then the jar files wil work again.

cheers Wolfgang

PS: pls beware there are several uc4.jar versions for several Components (UI, Agents, engine, ....) they are different in their content!

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 5.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Posted Mar 20, 2020 04:26 AM
    Hi @Frank Muffke,
    We don't have an ApplicationInterface directory.
    We don't use the AWA, only the Automation Engine.

I don't think we have used the uc4.jar file before but where would it typically be in an Automation Engine install?

John.

• 6.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Posted Mar 20, 2020 04:37 AM
    Hi John

sory I was unclear - located in Automic Image ...image/ApplicationInterface​​....

AWA (Automic Workload Automation)  IS Automation Engine ...
    As you know UC4/Automic/CA/ Broadcom loves renaming Components :-)

Just have a look at the folder that contains your DeactivateTasks.jar and DeleteAgent.jar somewhere around the uc4.jar must be located...

You do not use it directly but as soon as you use any Application interface (= java API) its needed.

The default path in an installation is .../Automic/ApplicationInterface/....
    possibly it could be renamed to JAVA api or similar...

cheers, Wolfgang

Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.

• 7.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 20, 2020 04:42 AM
    @Frank Muffke  I did a quick find on my code tree and found it in the /AWI/ApplicationInterface/ directory so will go ahead and update it with new version.

• 8.  RE: Error Executing .jar file - Different versions on server (12.3) and client (10.0.).

Posted Mar 20, 2020 04:50 AM
    Good luck :-)

Support Info: