Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic Utilization Chart graph clears when Service Manager is recycled

Posted May 12, 2021 10:58 PM
    We just noticed something that maybe someone has some information on why this happens.

We have two (Windows) AE server.  I stop all the processes on both servers.  Then I restart the Service Manger on both servers.
    Before the, in AWI, I displayed Processes and Utilization and selected the last 24 hours.  I see a graph for each hour in the last 24 hours.

After the Service Manager was recycled, all graphs except the current hour is cleared.  I would have thought that this information is kept in the database and would redisplay after the Service Manager and all processes are up and running.  Any one can tell me if this is normal or is there a setting somewhere that would keep these statistics. 

I don't know if it happens if I recycle only one of the Service manager, wait until all the processes are up and then recycle the other if the statistics would be retained.  I have to wait 24 hours to see.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Automic Utilization Chart graph clears when Service Manager is recycled

Posted May 12, 2021 11:05 PM
    I realized that in another one of our environment, I did recycle only one of the Service Manager service and did nothing to the other AE server.  The utilization history cleared any history prior to the recycle.

• 3.  RE: Automic Utilization Chart graph clears when Service Manager is recycled

Posted May 13, 2021 12:27 AM
    re-tracking my entry.  I do now realized that I did both Service Manager in the other environment.  Sorry for the confusion.

• 4.  RE: Automic Utilization Chart graph clears when Service Manager is recycled

Posted May 14, 2021 12:34 PM
    Hi

afaik The Utilization chart is cached in PWP Process (pls correct if I am wrong). So no possibility to search for it in DB.

Once a day the Utilization of every WP Process is written to WP log - see U00021601 and U00021602

So yes its normal to see no Performance utilization chart after a AE restart.

cheers, Wolfgang

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Automic Utilization Chart graph clears when Service Manager is recycled

Posted May 17, 2021 07:35 AM
    If you want to see prior utilization records, I recommend checking out Philipp Elmer's blog.  He has an article for collecting system usage information so that you can retrieve the information at a later time.

https://philippelmer.com/collect-system-usage-data-ae/

• 6.  RE: Automic Utilization Chart graph clears when Service Manager is recycled

Posted May 18, 2021 02:06 AM
    In the newer versions Automic system is collecting a lot of metrics on its own. Depending on how long you store them (PERFORMANCE keys in the UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS) you can retrieve some historical data  from the PMMA/PMMAV tables with for example:

```
    select PMMA_Timestamp, PMMAV_Key, PMMAV_Value  from PMMA
    join PMMAV on PMMAV_PMMA_Idnr = PMMA_Idnr where PMMAV_Key in ('owp1','pwp1','rwp1','wp1')
    order by PMMA_Timestamp desc
    ```