Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

• 1.  Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 03, 2020 06:10 PM
    Edited by Dan Humphries Feb 04, 2020 11:03 AM
    ​I am new to Automation 12.  We are currently on version 10 and have been for some time.  We recently setup a test environment of version 12 and I was able to get everything to install and connect but when I try to create a basic job and execute I am getting a message of Start Impossible and the below error details  Did I miss a step somewhere?  The agent is listed and has a check mark for Authenticated and I setup a login for the agent. 

Message box received: 4006529 of type W with inserts shown, message 'This task is not yet active or not active anymore.'.
    com.uc4.webui.util.MessageBoxException
    com.uc4.webui.util.MessageBoxException.provokeGet(MessageBoxException.java:48) com.uc4.ecc.backends.impl.dataservice.object.ObjectService.openJobsMonitor(ObjectService.java:2128) com.uc4.ecc.backends.dataservice.object.IObjectService$pbryglu.openJobsMonitor(Unknown Source) com.uc4.ecc.ae.commons.content.uc4objectview.UC4ObjectLoader.load(UC4ObjectLoader.java:107) com.uc4.ecc.ae.commons.content.uc4objectview.UC4ObjectPresenter.load(UC4ObjectPresenter.java:954) com.uc4.ecc.ae.commons.content.uc4objectview.UC4ObjectPresenter.access$100(UC4ObjectPresenter.java:106) com.uc4.ecc.ae.commons.content.uc4objectview.UC4ObjectPresenter$3.loadWithNullAsDefault(UC4ObjectPresenter.java:824) com.uc4.ecc.ae.commons.content.uc4objectview.UC4ObjectPresenter$3.loadWithNullAsDefault(UC4ObjectPresenter.java:820) com.uc4.webui.common.async.NullAsDefaultLoader.load(NullAsDefaultLoader.java:10) com.uc4.webui.common.async.NullAsDefaultLoader.load(NullAsDefaultLoader.java:6) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.BaseRequestCoordinator$1$1.call(BaseRequestCoordinator.java:231) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.pool.ContextAwareExecutorService$CallableImplementation.call(ContextAwareExecutorService.java:72) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• 2.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 10:25 AM
    If you look at the executions on the job, are you getting anything from the details?

• 3.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 11:03 AM

No when I go to Executions each is listed as Job start impossible and the details are just the java error

• 4.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 11:43 AM
    ​Thought I'd replied to this but anyways....

If you double-click on a job, it will bring you to the Process Monitor. Since the job is not active, you will get the error that you attached (behavior that I am not the biggest fan of - it throws off a lot of our clients).

However, if you click on the Details (not Export Table as shown below - my bad) button, you should get the cause of the issue.

• 5.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 11:55 AM
    Yes, that's what I was trying to get to. Thanks for clarifying, Kyle!

• 6.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 12:09 PM
    Edited by Dan Humphries Feb 04, 2020 12:10 PM
    When I try to run the job it never shows up on the Process Monitoring screen.  So I can't seem to get those details.   I tried to following though and got some additional information.  

In the job I changed the Deactivate on Finish to "Never" and  the error is "U02001000 Job 'JOBS.WIN.NEW.1' could not be started. Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'."   The client should hold Administrative rights so we will need to investigate that.  Since we have to run the exe this should just be the context of the user logged in correct?

On a side note I apologize if this seems silly but in Version 10 the agents ran as a windows service at startup.   Is that not possible in version 12?  I have gone through the documentation but it seems like it would be a pain to have to manually start that every time. 

• 7.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 12:26 PM

If you locate the job in the "process assembly" perspective in its folder, then right click on it and select "Monitoring", then "Executions", it should take you to the statistics. 

On the upper right side of your screen, you can click on the "Details" button and you should get a view like Kyle shared above and it might give you a little more information by hovering over the message in "Status" or "Last message". 

In regard to the error code you're getting, I'm not sure but here are a few things you can try: 

Firstly try going to the Windows server where the job lives that you're trying to run, right click on it and go to Properties, then the security tab to ensure the user identified in your login object has full control. 

Second, did you set the local security policies when the agent was installed? It isn't always necessary, but some times it helps.

See number 3 here: 
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.2/DOCU/12.2/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#Installation_Manual/InstallAgents/InstallAgentWindows.htm?Highlight=Installing%20the%20agent%20for%20Windows

Finally, try playing around with the job itself on the  - is it a batch job or a command? 

• 8.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 12:37 PM
    I think one of the area I am getting stuck at is in the security context of the agent.  The Login the Job uses is an administrator on the box so should have the access to run the bat file I am trying to execute.   In version 10 the agent shows in the service list and you control the login the service is started as.   I am assuming that other users do not go to each server and click on the exe for the agent so how do other sites handle the auto starting of these agents.   nothing in the documentation seems overly helpful in that regards.  ​

• 9.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 05, 2020 08:39 AM
    I apologize if you've already done this, but did you run the setup.exe for the service manager then run the install command from a command prompt on the box where the agent is? 

If you're not seeing the service, with the pass phrase, in Services, it sounds like you might have missed this step. 

• 10.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 12:38 PM
    With regards to starting the agent on startup: You can use the service manager that is used with the Automation Engine to start the agent. This is also necessary if you want to be able to manage your agents through the web interface.

in fact, there should be an example of a Windows agent there by default. 

Unfortunately I can't be much help for providing a comparison since I only started using AWA at 12.2, but you may want to go through the installation/configuration section of the documentation since it seems to me like they're two entirely different beasts.

• 11.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active

Posted Feb 04, 2020 12:41 PM
    Also, this means the agent runs as SYSTEM, but will run jobs as whatever credentials are supplied in the LOGIN objects supplied in the job attributes.

• 12.  RE: Job Start Impossible This task is not yet active
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2020 07:00 AM
    > ​'A required privilege is not held by the client

Besides the other things such as making sure the agent on the client system runs as "system":

Did you enable the read, write and execute checkboxes for the agent in client zero? The error above happens (I think) also when your agent is lacking those rights. Login to client 0, then find the agent in the search or agent list, and authorize it. JOBF needs read/write, JOBS needs execute.

Hth,