Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  performanance Issues in AWA Version 12.2.6

Posted Jul 15, 2020 12:14 AM
    Hi All,

We are looking for some permanent fixes in terms of performanance issues. We could see that the MQ tables in UC4 end are getting piled up and the system is eventually crashing. Kindly letus know if anyone else has faced this issue and is there some fix regarding the same.

Regards,
    Baskaran K J

• 2.  RE: performanance Issues in AWA Version 12.2.6

Posted Jul 15, 2020 05:22 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Jul 15, 2020 05:23 AM
    Hi.

We have had various issues with this over the years, for this reason we monitor the MQ tables with Nagios and Zabbix also.

However, the support maintained that even what I consider a high number of MQ entries is "not harmful", and when we had serious performance issues which at least coincided with high MQ levels, our support cases amounted to nothing.

Automic performance tuning is, however, a complicated issue and high MQ levels can be caused by many things, many of them complicated in nature (such as DB deadlocks resulting from over-use of the same variables in jobs, but that's just one of many reasons really).

Due to the inherent complexity, I suggest you either open a support case (your mileage may vary from mine), and/or consider hiring an Automic consultancy firm to do a full analysis of your system and what might be causing this.

edit: also, for a start, look at your db performance. A thrashing db is a likely candidate for performance issues also.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    # signature.sh --verbose=[true|false]
    # no configurables beyond this point, only signature

Calendar Quote of the Month:
    "The point of a DR test with a remote site is usually to be operational when your main site gets flooded / set on fire / invaded by Ninjas at an inconvenient moment."

Did you know?
    Using the slide show widget for posting individual images is wrong! Please use the "insert image" button in the editor.

Pro Tip: I will NOT respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums!

'Efficient Solutions Monthly Magazine' says:
    "Asking questions the right way never hurts!"

Here, have some tips:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: performanance Issues in AWA Version 12.2.6

Posted Aug 04, 2020 07:27 AM

Hi @baskaran_8732,

I would
    1. Get an overview of the current block counts of your MQ tables, e.g select ​get_block_count ('MQ1WP') from dual;
    2. Run the UC_REORG procedure to shrink the MQ tables. The UC_REORG should be run outside the AE and be run a couple of time a day, once  a day or once a week depending on the load of your system and the fragmentation of your MQ tables.

/Keld.

• 4.  RE: performanance Issues in AWA Version 12.2.6
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2020 01:50 AM
    Hi Baskaran,

Issue identified if Department is not entered at logon to AWI 12.2.x causing high JCP usage and eventually AE is overloaded with many REST-API User Connections that never timeout.  
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=194093

Regards,
    Matt