Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Access denied for CP's - ucsrvcp

Posted Dec 19, 2019 02:41 PM
    ​Has anyone ever received an access denied message when trying to connect to the CP's?

We have two CP's on one box and everything has been working fine but we attempted to move the server to new hardware and were unable to connect to the CP's although they started on the server with no errors. We failed back to the old hardware and have the same issue.

version 11.2.1
    AIX 7.1

• 2.  RE: Access denied for CP's - ucsrvcp

Posted Jan 15, 2020 11:45 AM

Hello Steven,

I guess the agent is unable to connect to the CP. I am not sure if you already verified Agent to CP port accessibility. 

Example : UC4 is on ABC server using port 2250. Agent XYZ is struggling to get connected. 
    From server XYZ => Server ABC Port 2250 => should be open over the firewall.   

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Prosenjit

• 3.  RE: Access denied for CP's - ucsrvcp
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2020 07:47 AM

Hello Steve,

hope you have access to Client 0000 via AWI or if you on an older Relase then 12 the Java GUI.
    I think you have to renew the transfer key of the agent.

Please go first to the Agent in the Adminstrative Tab (AWI) and renew the Transfer Key.

Than remove the .kstr file in der Agent directory on the new Server.

Next please start the Agent again and check if it get connected now to your Automic System.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Franz

Managing Consultant EMEA - Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies Austria GmbH

• 4.  RE: Access denied for CP's - ucsrvcp

Posted Jan 18, 2020 05:50 PM

Thank you for your responses. It appears the issue was the AIX admin has mistyped the host name in the OS local host file and the CP was pulling the errant hostname, therefore it was technically running but no other WP's, agents or clients could connect to it.