Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic Scheduling

Posted Oct 17, 2018 01:55 PM

How do you add a job to an already loaded or active Automic schedule? If someone has a request to run or add a job later to my already active or loaded schedule, I want to be able to add the request in my schedule. All of my jobs of course are already connected in the schedule. How would I go about doing this? I would appreciate any help. Thanks

• 2.  Re: Automic Scheduling
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2018 02:09 PM

A few options:

1) If you're using the Java GUI, pull up the monitor for the schedule, and either drag-n-drop a new task into the schedule, or do a right-click > Modify schedule > Add task.  The task will be added to the active schedule only -- not the schedule object itself.  Be sure to do a 'Reload definition at turnaround' to revert back to the regular schedule for the next day (unless you want this task to appear again going forward...in which case you should update the Schedule object itself, too).

NOTE: I'm actually not sure how you do this in the AWI...but I may be using an old version (12.0.0) that doesn't yet support that...?

2) Instead of adding it to the schedule, just do an Execute>Once to schedule a one-time run of the task in question.

• 3.  Re: Automic Scheduling

Posted Oct 30, 2018 06:10 PM

Hi will129

Did Daryl suggestion helped in answering your question or are you still looking for ways to accomplish that?

Regards,
    Luu

• 4.  Re: Automic Scheduling

Posted Oct 31, 2018 07:38 AM

Yes it did.

• 5.  Re: Automic Scheduling

Posted Oct 31, 2018 09:15 AM

Thank you for the confirmation, I will mark Daryl comment as the correct answer in case any other user stumble upon this same questions topic.

For future post, if a comment help resolved your questions/issues - please help us by using the "Mark Correct" button on the comment that provided the answer as it will help indicate to other community user who are viewing the thread that there is a working solution.