Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RA FTP connection error: RemoteCommand interface reference

Posted Aug 13, 2017 11:54 AM
    RA FTP agent was upgraded using ZDU.  Afterwards, the agent is unable to connect.

Error: 
    Error getting RemoteCommand interface reference. 
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Remote execution not enabled for agent. 
    Investigation: 
    It is by design 'Enable remote execution' got unchecked during the ZDU. 

For security reasons, the Enable remote execution box is unchecked by default. When the Enable remote execution box is unchecked, users can add Remote Command commands to FTP jobs, but they will fail when the job is executed. When the Enable remote execution box is checked, FTP jobs with Remote Command will run normally. 

Solution: 
    Edit the RA FTP agent > Enable remote execution > Save > restart agent 

• 2.  Re: RA FTP connection error: RemoteCommand interface reference

Posted Jul 05, 2018 03:33 PM

Hi

Enable remote execution option was already "Checked" and when i try to execute a remote command, i still get the same error.

Error getting RemoteCommand interface reference.  com.uc4.ftpjob.DataTransferException: Error getting RemoteCommand interface reference. 

• 3.  Re: RA FTP connection error: RemoteCommand interface reference

Posted Jul 05, 2018 07:10 PM

Hi ShravaniVedantham613199,

This discussion and scenario for that initial poster was that they get the error after doing a ZDU which unchecked that options.

In your case, as this is a test environment... I have to ask has this function ever worked before for this agent.  

In addition, the phrase "Error getting RemoteCommand interface reference" sometime is generic while the causes is different... for example for the initial post, in the error message the cause was - 

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Remote execution not enabled for agent. 

For your error, if you expand it, at some point, it should have a "Caused by" for yours, what doe it state for the "caused by"?

Since the fact that your remote execution options was already checked... make be believe you are running into something different (but just have the same generic error -Error getting RemoteCommand interface reference.  While its "caused by" may be very different.

• 4.  Re: RA FTP connection error: RemoteCommand interface reference

Posted Jul 05, 2018 04:40 PM

If this is your production environment, then you should be on the phone with support.

• 5.  Re: RA FTP connection error: RemoteCommand interface reference

Posted Jul 05, 2018 04:58 PM

No pete. I was searching for the phrase "RemoteCommand interface reference" and found this discussion.

I am testing in TEST environment. I will reach out to support through a ticket