Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Access Denied.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 08:52 AM
    A job which runs with a certain user, was not getting triggered. As the user was recently off boarded. Hence, the job was not getting executed and ending with the error Access Denied. Is there a way to automatically switch an active user with the inactive user?

• 2.  Access Denied.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 09:29 AM
    UC4 usually does not let you delete an account if it has active objects.

How was the job in question supposed to be triggered? By a scheduler? A Script?

Please provide more details, I'm not entirely sure what exactly you're asking. Thanks!

• 3.  Access Denied.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 09:35 AM
    The user was a part of an AD group. When the user left the organization, his ID was removed from the AD group and the same was updated in the Automic as we have LDAP sync job confirgured that updates the application on a regular basis. Hence, the job which was running with his id was getting failed, and the job was getting triggered by a scheduler.

• 4.  Access Denied.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2018 09:50 AM
    Well, UC4 would not let you delete a user who has active schedulers if it's a UC4 "native" account, but this probably breaks down for AD accounts.

I am not aware of any mechanism to automatically substitute users that don't exist anymore with other users. So if you remove an account from AD that has active schedulers, I believe you will have to stop those schedulers and start them again with a different user, manually.

One could argue that this is by design, because in some situations you would not want jobs to run with locked or removed accounts.

The best you can probably do, unless an expert here proves this wrong, is to run your major schedulers with generic users (something like "GROUP_SAP" instead of "JOHN_DOE"), or have a script/SQL statement that regulary checks ownership of schedulers vs. AD accounts and alerts you about any potential problems. Beyond that, I at least don't know of any native way to deal with this.

• 5.  RE: Access Denied.

Posted Oct 15, 2021 08:14 AM
    If you have a user that you need to delete, but they have active tasks, go to the Process Monitor (Activity Window), and find all of the tasks owned by that user.  You may need to use the non-hierarchal mode to find all of them.  When you have found all of the tasks, highlight them, right-click and select "Take over task" (assuming you have that privilege).  Then all of those tasks will now appear to be started by you.  When the use no longer has any tasks in the Process Monitor, you should be able to remove them.  If you don't see the "Take over task" option, you may not have the required privilege.

• 6.  Access Denied.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 09:54 AM
    Thank you Carsten :smiley:

• 7.  Access Denied.

Posted Jan 31, 2018 10:00 AM
    NARASIMHA GUDI said:
    Thank you Carsten :smiley:
    You're very welcome :)