Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Read user name from LOGIN object

Posted Apr 05, 2019 08:13 AM

I want to do this:

:SET &USERNAME# = GET_LOGIN(&$LOGIN#,&$AGENT#,&$PLATFORM#,LOGIN_INFO)

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work, because GET_LOGIN doesn’t allow reading login entries for the built-in platforms like UNIX and WINDOWS.

U00020679 Runtime error in object 'UC0.MYJOB1' line '00002': The provided type 'UNIX' is not allowed

Is there a platform-agnostic way around this? I don’t want to read the password, only the user name.

• 2.  Re: Read user name from LOGIN object
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2019 09:45 AM

The error message seems to be complaining that 'UNIX' isn't one of the custom backend login types that you defined in UC_LOGIN_TYPES -- this :GET_LOGIN function only works for those.  (I agree that it would be nice if this GET_LOGIN function would operate on all login types, not just custom ones, however.)

Could you do this?

:SET &USERNAME# = GET_ATT(USERID)

...or is the whole point here to be able to read this username from outside of the job itself?

• 3.  Re: Read user name from LOGIN object

Posted Apr 09, 2019 03:58 AM

The fact that it’s not possible to read passwords for built-in LOGIN types is an intentional security feature, as Wolfgang Brückler points out below. However, it would make sense if GET_LOGIN were able to read the user name from all LOGIN types.

• 4.  Re: Read user name from LOGIN object

Posted Apr 05, 2019 10:46 AM

Hi

docu (12.2):

You can only read the login entries of self-defined systems or applications, not from operating systems!! Make sure that the specified Type is also available in the UC_LOGIN_TYPES variable. For more information, seeUC_LOGIN_TYPES - Defining Additional Platform and System Types for Login Objects

That means you can not use any OS type (Win, unix, ...) but you must specify an own login-type like "mail" or whatever.

This is a security feature.....

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: Read user name from LOGIN object

Posted Apr 09, 2019 03:54 AM

I'm familiar with this security feature. I reported the bug that led to it.

Daryl Brown’s approach using GET_ATT works. If I ever need to read LOGIN object information from outside of a job, I will just read it from the OLC table.