Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  DR or HA

Posted Feb 13, 2019 11:17 AM

Hi All,

I have few questions related to Application Recovery. Please be kind enough to respond.

1: how do I check if HA is enabled in my environment.

2: how to identify what sort of configuration is done in terms of Application Recovery.

I do not have much insight on the environment as it was set up by Automic and there is no documentation available.

Thanks

Shani

• 2.  Re: DR or HA

Posted Feb 14, 2019 03:29 AM

Hi,

please can you describe the evironment you run the AWA a bit more detailed.

HA:

The automation engine providedes Application HA if you have the license to run more than one AE instance for your AWA System. Do you run one Automation Engine Instance or more than one.

Which DB are you using and is it providing the same level of HA as your AE is providing?

VM oder other Virtualization can provide HA for your Application and DB.

Is the enviroment Monitored active to prevent any kind of outage?

DR: This is a complete different topic than HA. My experiance is to understand first the DR Scenario of the environment where you have to schedule and monitor activities. Based on this you can than work on a DR configuration and scenario.

Best,

Franz 

• 3.  Re: DR or HA

Posted Feb 14, 2019 06:51 AM

There are couple of different aspects on which you should be thinking 

1) HA - Pertaining to your Automation Engine ( Like having a load balance AE running simultaneously sharing the AE process. 

2) HA - In terms of your Infrastructure - Related to you Base Server and Storage availability 

3) DB - Availability of your DB - To have a standby DB with efficient replication policies.

DR - This is a totally different aspect - You could possibly have the same as your PROD environment in DR so incase you have some breakdown in your production environment you could make use of your DR.

I hope this at least gives you an idea of what details you need to gather.