Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  File Transfer - bandwidth throttling?

Posted Jan 24, 2019 01:28 PM

Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth used by file transfer objects?

(I have several GB worth of files that I need to transfer over a 100mb pipe, and I don't want the file transfer job to suck up the entire bandwidth while it does it.)

I was looking over the documentation and didn't see anything about this jump out at me...  Is there a way to do this, or do I have to resort to using other methods (e.g., rsync) that allow for bandwidth throttling?

• 2.  Re: File Transfer - bandwidth throttling?

Posted Jan 28, 2019 03:41 AM

Hi

within Automic you have no direct possibility for network bandwitdh management.

Indirectly you can limit The amount of parallel transfers and/or jobs/FTs executed on the agent (via. MAX_RESOURCE_JOBS and MAX_RESOURCE_FT)

The most convenient solution would be limit it via means of network management frm the networking guys.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: File Transfer - bandwidth throttling?

Posted Jan 29, 2019 11:43 AM

Do you need this automated? If so, your best shot with Automic is probably to find a scriptable transfer tool that provides this option (WinSCP?) and invoke it from Automic.

Or, as Wolfgang said, network level. Though with the later, it'll be extra effort to distinguish one type of traffic from another.