Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ! settings in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 10:27 AM
    I uncovered the following entries in the UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS. I can't find any mention in the doc.  Just curious what these entries may be.

KEY: 
     !EPM

VALUE:  EX_LIFESIGN_TIME,EX_JOBSTART_TIME,TASKS_PER_TYPE,TASKS_PER_STATE,SRV_UTILISATION,SRV_ACTIVATION_TIME,DB_TIME

KEY:
    !EPM_DECIMAL_SYMBOL  

VALUE:

KEY:
    !!EPM_PATH

VALUE:
    e:\UC100T\epm\

• 2.  ! settings in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 21, 2018 10:31 AM
    EPM appears to be some sort of Oracle Financials module that Automic has developed some integration for. Just a hunch: These settings likely have to do with that integration.

https://automic.com/blog/automic-develop-first-hyperion-oracle-epm-financial-close-integration

Intreresting find though. How did you find this, was it pre-entered in your UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS?

• 3.  ! settings in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS

Posted Feb 21, 2018 10:38 AM
    Hi Carsten,
      Based upon that article it seems likely.  Yes these values were pre-entered in our UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS (V11.2.6).

• 4.  ! settings in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS

Posted Feb 22, 2018 01:26 AM
    Hi,

EPM parameters in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS - if they are still available - are a leftover from versions previous and no longer in use.

EPM means "enhanced performance monitoring". this mechanism was used to collect performance related values, like utilization, db access times, job start times, ...

I don't find these parameters in the initial data files of v6, v8, v9, etc. Have you upgraded to v11 from a previous release?

regards,
    Peter

• 5.  ! settings in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS

Posted Feb 22, 2018 01:29 AM
    Hi,

EPM parameters in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS - if they are still available - are a leftover from versions previous and no longer in use.

EPM means "enhanced performance monitoring". this mechanism was used to collect performance related values, like utilization, db access times, job start times, ...

I don't find these parameters in the initial data files of v6, v8, v9, etc. Have you upgraded to v11 from a previous release?

regards,
    Peter

• 6.  ! settings in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS

Posted Feb 22, 2018 09:42 AM
    Hi Peter,
      I inherited a v9.4 system in 2014.  We upgraded to 11.2.4 in Sept '17 and 11.2.6 in Feb '18.