Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automation Engine installation script

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:30 AM
    Here’s a script I wrote to install the Automation Engine and related programs on Linux, including:
    • Service manager for the AE server
    • AE server
    • Utilities
    • DB initial data (including changing the tablespace name in the .sql files)
    • Service manager for the agent
    • Agent
    • INI and related files

I just installed v12.0.3 using the script. It completed all of the above operations in about 3 seconds.

There are three paths you must configure at the top of the script.:

• The target installation directory;
    • The path where the AWA installation files reside. These are the .tgz files extracted from the .zip files downloaded from the Automic Downloads site.
    • The path where the INI and other config files reside. The file names are important, and must follow the naming convention used by the script. (See below for example file names for the DEV environment.)
    The script is designed to facilitate easy installation in our environment, where we have four primary staging environments  (EXP, DEV, TEST or PROD), and where each AE server runs on two nodes, A & B.

The script takes three arguments:

1. The staging environment of the target server — EXP, DEV, TEST or PROD
    2. The node letter of the target server — A or B
    3. The version to install — e.g., 12.0.3
    Example:
    ./Install_AE_Server.sh EXP A 12.0.3

Config files
    You must create the configuration files ahead of time. Here are the files for the DEV environment:
    UC4_DEV.keytab
    uc4s_DEV-A.smc
    uc4s_DEV-A.smd
    uc4s_DEV-B.smc
    uc4s_DEV-B.smd
    ucsrv_DEV-A.ini
    ucsrv_DEV-B.ini
    ucybdbldDEV.ini
    ucybdbunDEV.ini
    ucybsmgr_server_DEV-A.ini
    ucybsmgr_server_DEV-B.ini

Note:

• The script installs the software into new sub-directories under the target folder, with the version number as a suffix.
    • The script does not run the DB load or start any of the installed programs.
    • The script does not install the RA core, SQL agent, or other agents.
    • The script does not install the INI files for the agent or its service manager.
    • If you use the standard tablespace names, you will want to disable this portion of the script.
    Obviously, you’ll have to customize this script to make it work well for you. It has already saved me a lot of time. Enjoy!

• 2.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Posted Jul 11, 2019 12:28 PM
    Hi, great! but I can not See the attachment file.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Posted Jul 15, 2020 03:50 AM
    The script was apparently deleted during the migration from Jive to Higher Logic.
    Ping: @Jason McClellan

• 4.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Posted Jul 15, 2020 05:50 AM
    > The script does not install the INI files for the agent or its service manager.

I've recently written an UNIX agent and smgr installer that, among other things, does that part. If I had any interest in business, we should bundle forces and combine our scripts. We'd sell it to the world and call it the TWO Installer :p

• 5.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 04:04 PM
    @Christopher Hackett  - is there script available to be re-attached to this thread from the Automic Team?    Thanks  ~jm ​

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 6.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Posted Jul 15, 2020 05:19 PM
    I have the original script, so I can attach it tomorrow. in fact, I have an updated version.

• 7.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 08:47 PM
    @Michael A. Lowry   Please zip the file so it is not flagged and sent to moderation.   Thx ~jm   @Christopher Hackett​​​

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 8.  RE: Automation Engine installation script

Posted Sep 26, 2023 03:28 PM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Sep 27, 2023 04:49 PM

The script has changed a lot since I originally posted this thread. I'll post a new thread shortly with updated instructions.