Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to check that an event is late

Posted Jul 18, 2016 11:05 AM
    I have a one key event that launches a weekly process when a file arrives.  I'd like to send a notification when this file has not arrived by a specific day of the week and time of the day (say 8am Wednesday).  I was looking at using the maximum run time (MRT) option for the event.  But I'm not sure how that works for events that are always running.  Does it get reset as soon as the event is done for one week starts looking for next week's file?  I considered running a scheduled script to reset the MRT at a certain date and time to the desired value from today (i.e. run the script at 8am Monday and have it set the file event's MRT to 48 hours from now).  I also thought of writing a separate script that runs at a time when things are supposed to be done and inquires on the specific job or event status at that time (i.e. run at 8am Wednesday, is the file event still waiting).  Is there a cleaner way to address this need?

• 2.  How to check that an event is late
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2016 12:06 PM
    We schedule custom workflows for these types of checks.  We would schedule a workflow to run at 8am on Wednesday that would consist of a single job to send the notification.  We then add a "CHECK HISTORY" precondition rule on that job that checks to see if the activity you are checking has ended with ANY_OK within our time boundaries.  It either runs or skips the notification job based upon the outcome.