Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 08:34 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone have a preferred method of reporting automic job failure back to user(s).

The scenario I have is that multiple users can log onto an automic client and execute a generic workflow. They will execute a wrapper job (setting lots of environment variable information) that will call the generic workflow using ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT and PASS_VALUES.

This would be my ideal outcome:

I would like to report the error via email only back to the user who activated the job.  Hopefully by getting the user name and then getting the email address from that user object? Not sure if possible...

I do not really want the notification windows popping up in the automic client.

I want to avoid a plethora of emails being sent if the generic worklow is cancelled manually (recursive). 

Provide as much information as possible (similar to the details in the alarm object process tab) about the job that failed including job/workflow alias information and environment variable information.

Any ideas/knowledge very welcome.

Dan

• 2.  Job failure reporting

• 3.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:17 AM
    Cheers Wolfgang will give it a look :)

• 4.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:22 AM
    There is just one thing to think about:

What if a user has no mail adress? - use an default one?

• 5.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:31 AM
    Just had a quick look cheers ... 

Is there anything that returns the email address (the ones mentioned seem to return the user name and dept)?

Can i do all this in a normal JOB or is it best to use the supplied notification objects?

I would like to add in some logic around the send of the email ... e.g.

IF "MANUALLY CANCELLED"
      NULL
    ELSE
     -- get the users email address
     -- collate all the useful information for the email body e.g job name, parent name, variables passed in
     -- send email to user with all relevant/useful information
    END IF

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers,

Dan

• 6.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:59 AM
    sounds good - I would determine the recipient in script of Notificaton objct and woud do a ADD_ATT.

• 7.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 10:01 AM
    again cheers :)

• 8.  Job failure reporting

Posted Dec 01, 2017 11:25 AM
    You're welcome