Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Forecast Report

• 1.  Forecast Report

Posted 12-15-2017 11:05 AM
    Hi All,

can we get a forecast report with a Parent=Child relationship and sequence (which job will run after the previous one)
    e.g. Under workflow A there are 4 jobs then when I get the forecast for Workflow A, It should show the Sequence of how jobs in the workflow will run.
    please let me know if this is possible and if yes then how can I get this forecast.
    I have tried Auto-Forecast and Forecast report from DB tool but they do not show the sequencing.

• 2.  Forecast Report

Posted 12-15-2017 11:26 AM
    Hi Shani,

sorry if i understand this question wrong, but within a workflow, do the tasks not start in the same sequence always? Since there is a definition of the workflow?

• 3.  Forecast Report

Posted 12-18-2017 06:45 AM
    i undestand that Harald, however the team needs to see the jobs under each workflow in the Forecast report.
    What I am getting now is just the Workflow details.(attached)v5iu09yfzsxv.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/1b/v5iu09yfzsxv.png" width="1332">

• 4.  Forecast Report

Posted 12-18-2017 07:01 AM
    Hello Shani,

The autoforecast does not feature a hierarchical view. All executions are listed without the relationship to their parents.

What you can do, however, is use the "regular" forecast for this - you can then double-click on a given entry and display the tree.

Example :

cp2yw7dl5hgf.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/eu/cp2yw7dl5hgf.png" width="899">

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 5.  Forecast Report

Posted 12-18-2017 07:11 AM
    Thanks Antoine,

Can we schedule to run this forecast daily on one given time or we would need to extract it daily and manually?

Thanks
    Shani

• 6.  Forecast Report

Posted 12-18-2017 08:57 AM
    Hi Shani,

You will have to run it manually. There's no out-of-the-box way of automating it, that I'd know of.

You could think of some scripting to do it too, but it'd need some development effort - you would need to specify every object's name or Run # to see its forecast, using FORECAST_TASK or FORECAST_OBJECT, and take the relationship between the objects into consideration. Does not sound too easy...

You could also use the DB reporting tool to build a forecast report and have it run via a job object on a daily basis. You can add a 'Type of parent object' to the report. Please note however, that the object name will not specifically be returned by the report.

Best regards,
    Antoine

• 7.  Forecast Report

Posted 02-06-2018 11:05 AM
    Hi shanikushwaha606112 I think there is a way to run the forecast automatically. Check the documentation here.

the commands "AUTOFORECAST", "FORECAST_OBJECT" and "FORECAST_TASK" should be the ones you are interested in. These commands can be executed via a SCRIPT object, which you could run on a regular base.

Just to add: the Autoforecast can, especially on large systems or on systems which are already on the edge regarding to performance, slow down the system since lots of data are used. Please limit the forecast days to a minimum and also keep in mind that an Autoforecast will check all activities within activity window regarding their next starttime which also can be very performance consuming. So if the System is large, or already overloaded, keep the forecast manually.