Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  JMX White Papers?

Posted May 18, 2017 02:22 PM
    Hello all,

I'm trying to hunt down any White Papers on JMX that a company may already be using, or examples of the abilities JMX has within AWA. I've found the documentation on the install and general use of JMX within the online docs here:
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/all/components/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucacbw.htm

But was wondering if anyone has used or seen something more fleshed out? Specifically, JMX involving WebSphere, but any example is welcome :smile:

• 2.  JMX White Papers?

Posted May 22, 2017 11:52 AM

Hi Marshall,

At the moment I am testing it with SolarWinds and was able monitor Automic via JMX.
    I also struggled to find info about it (Oracle Docs helped a bit).
    What are the issues you are having?

• 3.  JMX White Papers?

Posted May 22, 2017 02:01 PM
    I've got a standalone JMX agent on our master, and a remote machine running an IBM java batch process. I'm able to connect to the JMX port on the batch box with visualVM on my local machine, but when I try to create a JMX job in Automic and use the Browse button for the 'Get all attributes' method, it gives this error:

The connection to the MBean Server could not be established: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: <IP> ; nested exception is: 
         java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

I can manually telnet from the master to our batch machine over our JMX port (1099), but otherwise, I don't see why Automic is having trouble.