Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Change Queue Attribute during Runtime

Posted Oct 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Hi,

I would like to change the QUEUE attribute of a jobplan during the runtime. I have checked the docs and noticed, that it is only possible to change the QUEUE attribute in the post processing tab (with PUT_ATT, MODIFY_UC_OBJECT is not able to).

We would like to synchronize jobplans with one queue, that has only 1 slot. In case one jobplan fails and comes into "blocked" state, we would like to move it to another queue, to prevent other independent jobplans from not being executed.

These jobs are not allowed to run in parallel.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

-Sync jobs (increasing number of daily delta load jobs), that are not allowed to run in parallel

-Free the slot, if one of them fails, to let other continue to use the slot, but prevent the same job of running again via schedule....

Thanks and best regards

Lars

• 2.  Re: Change Queue Attribute during Runtime

Posted Oct 22, 2018 01:10 PM

I wonder if this might work?  Have the workflows run in a queue that allows more than one at a time, but have the tasks inside of the workflows run in the queue that has only one slot.   When a task fails and/or blocks the workflow, I think it should free up the task-queue so that another task can run?