Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is Authz supported with the webservice agent, and if not is there a way to encrypt the secret key when passing it as a parameter to a Rest webservice job?

• 1.  Is Authz supported with the webservice agent, and if not is there a way to encrypt the secret key when passing it as a parameter to a Rest webservice job?

Posted Aug 02, 2018 03:13 PM

I'm trying to get a login token and then pass it to another job.  To get the token I need to use the client_id and secret_key.  I'm hoping to use the security in the connection object for this, and if not wondering if there is a way to pass the secret_key as an encrypted value?

• 2.  Re: Is Authz supported with the webservice agent, and if not is there a way to encrypt the secret key when passing it as a parameter to a Rest webservice job?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2018 02:55 PM

Hi TonyaParnell609374 ,

Right now the WS SOAP agent supports Basic,Digest, NTLM and Kerberos.

See also: 

Specifying Authentication Settings for RA Web Service SOAP Agent Connection Objects

The SW REST agent supports the following: Basic, Digest, NTLM OAuth 1.0a, OAuth 2.0 and AWS Signed URL.

See also:

Defining Resources for RA Web Service REST Agent Connection Objects

AuthZ would be an enhancement request.

Right now we have the 'Secret Access Key' if AWS Signed URL is used. This password is encrypted.

Or do you mean you want to encrypt the password first and then paste it in the field?

This does not work right now.

Please let us know if you haven any further questions.

Kind regards,

Alexander

• 3.  Re: Is Authz supported with the webservice agent, and if not is there a way to encrypt the secret key when passing it as a parameter to a Rest webservice job?

Posted Aug 03, 2018 04:35 PM

Thanks Alexander,

I think I may have over complicated things.  I believe we are using oauth 2.0, and what I'm trying to do is get a token using my client_id and client_secret and pass that token to a job.

I was looking for some clear documentation on how this might work, but I'm not really seeing anything.  Is this something that is possible, without passing the id and key in plain text each time?

• 4.  Re: Is Authz supported with the webservice agent, and if not is there a way to encrypt the secret key when passing it as a parameter to a Rest webservice job?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 12:27 AM

Hi TonyaParnell609374 ,

The client key and token are considered as "public", therefore they show in clear text. The client secret is the "confidential" part of OAuth, this value is encrypted.

The documentation should be provided from the RESTful API itself. Here's an example how to use OAuth 2.0 with Google's RESTful API.

Using OAuth 2.0 to Access Google APIs  |  Google Identity Platform  |  Google Developers 

Or with SalesForce: Salesforce Developers 

Cheers,

Alexander

• 5.  Re: Is Authz supported with the webservice agent, and if not is there a way to encrypt the secret key when passing it as a parameter to a Rest webservice job?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 12:17 AM

Hi TonyaParnell609374 ,

Did this answer your question?

Cheers,

Alexander