Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

RA FTP and Non Agent servers

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  RA FTP and Non Agent servers

Posted 01-22-2018 11:49 AM
    I created an JOBS RA FTP job that uses a connection to a non-agent SFTP server.  It connects to the server, finds a file in one location and moves it to another location on the same server.  This works fine standalone.

I want to create an event that looks on the connection for the source file every 20 minutes.  However, events, If JOBP and JOBF only list agent servers.  There doesn't appear to be a way to use the connection.  

Does anyone know how to make this work with out an agent server?

• 2.  RA FTP and Non Agent servers
    Best Answer

Posted 01-22-2018 02:16 PM
    You could build another RA FTP job that does nothing but "List Directory".  Then scrape the report to determine weather or not the desired file exists.  The results could be stored in a static variable and queried by a precondition rule in the next step to either SKIP or RUN.

Another option is to run your original RA FTP every 20 minutes, and change its "On Failure" setting to one of the "...abort the command" options so the job does not throw an error.

• 3.  RA FTP and Non Agent servers

Posted 01-22-2018 03:01 PM
    Several years ago, I wrote a perl utility that used sftp or ftp to connect to a remote host and check a location.
    REMOTE_FILE_STABILITY_CHECK
    This was invoked as part of an OS job on a server with an Agent.   I passed in the remote server name and connection info, the directory to check, the file name filter, the delay between tests (20 min in your example) and the max number of tests (say 3 to abort after an hour).  
    This used the extended commands to get a detailed directory listing and would hold version 1 of that and compare it to v2 (after 20 minutes).  If the file was present on both AND stable, then I would copy the file.

This is not an exact match to your description but close.

Pluses.   One job in UC4 -- minimized load on Agent
    Minus.   Multiple FTP sessions.   It would connect, check the size and logoff in each loop.

You want the code?
    There may be something more current on the marketplace.

• 4.  RA FTP and Non Agent servers

Posted 01-23-2018 12:53 PM
    Thanks Pete and Pat.  I was headed down the scrape method but am still trying to get that process to work.  

• 5.  RA FTP and Non Agent servers

Posted 01-29-2018 12:03 PM
      |   view attached
    I wrote this in 2002.  
    This will have to be updated for the current version of AM.
    This is just set up for ftp, I have not found the sftp one, but that should be a simple change.
    Pat

Attachment(s)