Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:29 AM
    Occasionally we see the uc4.smd file getting updated(corrupt), particularly the folder name AutomationEngine getting updated to AutomatronEngine. Has this happened to anyone? 

• 2.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Mar 29, 2018 02:03 PM
    I never saw that . May be, you could try to restricting the access level to only read?

• 3.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Mar 29, 2018 06:38 PM
    Hi KesavanElangovan,

I had this issue as well with different installations but no idea of the root cause. In order to minimize time I always copy the original SMD file over and start again.

Peter

• 4.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Mar 30, 2018 11:52 AM
    peter_grundler_automic  That's how I've been managing too. 

• 5.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Mar 30, 2018 11:53 AM
    shravani_vedantham_6826  Making that file read only would restrict making any changes to the smd file via Service manager, isn't it? 

• 6.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Apr 02, 2018 03:59 PM
    Does more than one person ever use the SMgr UI at the same time, including making changes? I could imagine that the program does not perform adequate file locking.

• 7.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Apr 02, 2018 11:43 PM
    Michael_Lowry  It's only me who has access to the SMgr UI. 

on a side note: 
    Interesting you mention about file locking, I have noticed sometimes even after deleting the trace & log files they weren't removed from the server. I had to shutdown the services and to remove the lock on open deleted files. 

• 8.  Automatic Changes to Service Manager uc4.smd File

Posted Apr 10, 2018 08:20 AM
    Kesavan Elangovan said:
    Michael_Lowry  It's only me who has access to the SMgr UI. 

on a side note: 
    Interesting you mention about file locking, I have noticed sometimes even after deleting the trace & log files they weren't removed from the server. I had to shutdown the services and to remove the lock on open deleted files. 
    This is entirely expected behaviour on most operating systems. Files are not truly deleted until the last open file handle has been dropped.

On Linux, you can trick it into deleting a file and freeing disk space eventhough there are open file handles, like this:

> $FILENAME

On Windows, you're mostly out of luck, you need to restart the agent.