Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  JMS & Oracle WebLogic

Posted Mar 22, 2016 04:48 PM
    This is a very specific question - not sure anyone on here will be able to answer it, but thought I'd give it a try.  I have opened a ticket with Support as well.

As mentioned in other posts I've made, I'm trying to get an RA agent up for JMS.  I've gotten to a point where I am trying to create the Connection object and run a job just to send a test message.  I can't get my job to work / run.  Unfortunately, I have zero knowledge of WebLogic, so my ability to help the WebLogic guys out in figuring out what the need is pretty much nonexistent.

I am fairly certain the information in the connection object is wrong.  You need to specify Context Factory, Provider URL, Connection Factory, etc.  The WebLogic guys have given me some things to try, but it's not working.  The job ends with:

Job Aborted Failed to create initial JNDI context

We've played around and tried various things, but bottom line, the fields in the JMS job - I don't know how to clearly tie them back to the fields in WebLogic so that we can make sure we get the right ones.

If anyone has a JMS agent and you have Oracle WebLogic as the provider type - I'd love to chat with you and perhaps have a Webex session where maybe you can help me figure out what goes where.

We're going to keep playing around though - I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks.

• 2.  JMS & Oracle WebLogic

Posted Mar 23, 2016 01:12 AM
    Hi LauraAlbrecht608310 ,

that's what we have in our connection object for Oracle WebLogic.

General tab

6ks3fzs5gaza.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/y0/6ks3fzs5gaza.png" width="812">

Queues, Topics, Subscribers tab

srwzwksd7ow9.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ty/srwzwksd7ow9.png" width="806">

I hope this helps you sending a test message.

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 3.  JMS & Oracle WebLogic

Posted Mar 23, 2016 09:11 AM
    This is good and I've passed it on.  They had me load a different jar file to the JMS agent.  Didn't help much.

Do you have access to the WebLogic instance / web client?  Screen prints of where you got the Context Factory, Provider URL and Connection Factory fields would be great.

Thanks Alexander_Trenker_120 !

• 4.  JMS & Oracle WebLogic

Posted Apr 05, 2016 05:17 AM
    LauraAlbrecht608310

I have several JMS Agents up and in running in all of my environments and  have installed and configured everything myself.
    However we are Using IBM WebSphere MQ as Provider Type, not Oracle WebLogic Server.

I'm not familiar with Oracle WebLogic, but if you still have an issue with this, I would gladly have a chat or even Web-EX with you to share information. Let me know if you are interested...:-)

Regards,
    Keld.

• 5.  JMS & Oracle WebLogic

Posted Apr 05, 2016 08:40 AM
    Thanks Keld_Mollnitz !  I do have an open support ticket and we had a Webex last week.  We are still working on it.  I will definitely let you know if we need further help. I appreciate the offer even though you aren't Oracle WebLogic.  I'll post in here as this issue progresses.

• 6.  JMS & Oracle WebLogic

Posted Jul 15, 2016 02:01 PM
    So finally managed to get a JMS job up and running and confirm it made it to the JMS queue.  However, came up with another question.

We initially loaded a wlthin3client.jar file when we created the agent in client 0 and configured it for Web Logic.  2 months later - they have a later version of this jar file they wanted us to use.  If I just copy the new wlthin3client.jar file in the same location on the server - is that all that is needed for the agent to pick it up and start using it?  Or do you have to recycle the agent?  Or do you have to go into client 0, edit the agent, delete the old jar and then reload the newer jar file?  Wasn't sure if anything else was needed.

Thanks.