Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What is the max character length that will still be unique for a name

Posted Jul 18, 2018 08:23 AM

What is the max character length that will still be unique for a name, specifically Sync Points.

I see the column has a 200 character max in the DB but I've also read that it is only 32. Also, this would be in version 11.2.6

• 2.  Re: What is the max character length that will still be unique for a name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 07:07 PM

Hi Brandon, 

Can you provide a bit more context for this question? We'd like to know specifically which field(s) you're referencing, which DB table, your requirements, and anything else you think may help us answer the question fully. 

• 3.  Re: What is the max character length that will still be unique for a name

Posted Jul 19, 2018 08:00 AM

How many characters can the name of a sync point have? I see that the column on the OH table for the name has a max character of 200 but I’ve read other places that it can only be 32.

Thanks,

Brandon McClure | Systems Engineer | Middleware  | Phone: (412) 968-1745  x 21745

• 4.  Re: What is the max character length that will still be unique for a name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 04:53 PM

Hi Brandon, 

I'm not familiar with Sync Points - are you referring to Sync Objects, and the OH_Name field of the OH table? 

• 5.  Re: What is the max character length that will still be unique for a name

Posted Aug 29, 2018 06:05 PM

Hey BrandonMcClure610423,

Where you able to find out the info for your question?  

Myself personally I don't think I have seen an object call Sync point within the Automation Engine.  As Spencer have mentioned, there is a Sync object and its name field in the database is 200...  as for 32 character limit... The only one I can think of is of the Agent names.