Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 11:07 AM

I have UC4 job1 which fails and activates another job2 upon it's failure. SO I want an escalation of if the job1 is taken care and no action required or still it was in failure after 10mins. Hence I need a process of how to monitor the status of a job in UC4.

• 2.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 11:24 AM

Hi 

As this is posted in the Automic Community space, with no categories selected. 

and as you mention this is for "UC4" - Can you verify if you are referring to the Automations Engine/Automic Workload Automation or another product line.  If it is for AE/AWA I will move this thread to its sections to better reach the audience base or if its not, please let us know which product line are you are referring to "UC4"

• 3.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 12:13 PM

It belongs to AE- Automic Engine

• 4.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 12:21 PM

Thanks for the update, I have moved thread to the CA Automic Workload Automation section to better reach the product user audience. 

• 5.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 24, 2018 12:14 PM

ONE Automation-2015

• 6.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 24, 2018 12:50 PM

To setup a monitoring process you have some options:

• if you know the runid of the task you want to monitor you could use the AE Script commands GET_UC_OBJECT_STATUS or GET_STATISTC_DETAILS. Here you can get the status directly into a Script Variable and react
    • If you don't know the Runid or would like to have a general monitoring you could use a SQLI or SEC_SQLI Variable to get the status directly from the datbase. Tables here would be EH for the activities or AH for statisc data

Hope this gives you an idea about how to setup a monitoring process

If you have questions let me know

Regards

Thomas

• 7.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 25, 2018 06:27 AM

Can I get the last RUNID of the job in script ?

so that I can get it's status frequently and I perform my actions accordingly.

• 8.  Re: I want to know how can I monitor a job for a period of time.

Posted Jul 26, 2018 02:55 AM

Hi

what about GET_UC_OBJECT_NR ?

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All Guides/help.htm#ucaapq.htm%3FTocPath%3DAutomation%2520Engine%2520Script%2520Guide|Ordered%2520by%2520Function|Activation%2520Data|_____5

and GET_UC_OBJECT_STATUS?

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All Guides/help.htm#ucaapq.htm%3FTocPath%3DAutomation%2520Engine%2520Script%2520Guide|Ordered%2520by%2520Function|Activation%2520Data|_____5

cheers, Wolfgang