Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic Integration with SNOW using REST API

Posted Aug 01, 2018 12:01 PM

Hello Experts,

Does anyone using REST Webservice to create tickets in Service Now whenever there is a job failure in Automic ?

I am trying to configure it in our Automic system. Requirement is to create incident tickets in Service Now when a job ended with error. 

When we use this scenario, where should we do the mapping ? Like what is the priority of ticket and assignment group, etc ? 

Is it something we need to do at Automic side or Service Now side ?

Any inputs on this is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Abin

• 2.  Re: Automic Integration with SNOW using REST API
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2018 11:54 AM

Hey AbinVarghese628023 

I haven't worked with ServiceNow personally but I would imagine as you are using a Webservice with a REST API that it be more or less the same methodology as other product...

I would imagine that when the job fail - it would kick off a webservice REST job... the creation of the ticket will be done on the servicenow side (with there API) while Automic help you automate/pass parameter that the API need when you do that API - POST to create the ticket  

ServiceNow Rest API manual- Table API 

Look through their API, it look like the POST have urgency/impact/assignment group description etc...

I don't know how your environment is...so am not sure if you want to have it so that when job 1XX fail it always launch AXX webservice job and job 2*** always launches BXX webservice job or if you just want to parameterized the those value base of what ever critria you have for determining with fail job have XX urgency/value.

Otherwise, the other options I seen other users mentioned on the community is to have servicenow create ticket via an email (that the Automation Engine send out).

• 3.  Re: Automic Integration with SNOW using REST API

Posted Aug 02, 2018 05:32 PM

Thank you Luu Le.

I was able to create some test job to submit the incident in ServiceNow.

Regards,

Abin

• 4.  RE: Re: Automic Integration with SNOW using REST API

Posted Feb 07, 2020 02:27 AM
    Hi Abin,

Can you share how you implemented this?  

Regards,
    Al