Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Creating new users with specific permissions and authorizations

Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:35 AM
    Here are simple ways of having users created with specific permissions and authorizations:

I - Users in the same client.

Method A : duplicate an existing user
    3p7vyd1nuyxv.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/7f/3p7vyd1nuyxv.png" width="597">

Method B : user group
    - create a user Group
    oqqn60xj2sor.png
    - Set authorizations : for instance only access to folders that have a name that begins with "OPER", and run jobs on Agent "WIN01" with login "WINLOGIN".
    gmkh1tqf6uzo.png
    - Set privileges.
    0x357cs7ggwa.png
    - Then edit the user object and add it to the group from the UserGroups tab.
    s5r5pzd14uz9.png

II - Add new users to different clients

A/ Via xml exports
    1 - From the explorer window, right click on the user > External & Printing > Export.
    fpwqvrlh0p5n.png
    2 - Connect to the target client, and from the explorer right click > Import.
    vrdckjc0360q.jpg
    3- The password of the imported user(s) will be automatically set to its default value "pass". You will be prompted to change it at the user's first connection.
    cru82v4h57wx.jpg

B/ via the transport container

1 - From the explorer, drag and drop the user object in the transport container folder.
    yxgq6swdz4sk.jpg

2 - Use DB Unload to unload the transport case.
    0l5mj44cod1s.png

3 - To be on the safe side, make sure to specify which client should be unloaded.
    Press 'No'.
    aqg2lzdz1hy9.jpg
    Then select the client.
    d4ucyouao86d.png

4 - A transport file has been produced under the name "uc_data.txt" in../db folder of where the utility runs.
    hoige7mm4fxi.jpg

5 - Start DB Load and select the transport file.
    j8z4i62p8vc9.jpg

6 - Specify a different client.
    Select 'No'.
    ncc47nce9w6f.jpg
    Set the target client.
    e9tbqmrxz84z.jpg
    7 - Once loading has completed, you can directly sign in with the imported user(s). Password will be set to default value "pass", which you will need to change at first logon.
    cru82v4h57wx.jpg

I know it's not possible to create users with Automic script. I'm curious if any of you has ever used the API to add users?

• 2.  Creating new users with specific permissions and authorizations

Posted Jul 13, 2016 08:56 PM
    Hi Antoine,

yes i have done it before. there is a CLI binary (Open Source) to create objects (OBJECTS_Create.jar) and one to update any USER object: (USER_Update.jar).

both can be found here: https://github.com/brendanSapience/UC4-Automic-AE-CLI-Binary-Repository

here is the help of USER_Update.jar:

2azgw12p11a5.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/v6/2azgw12p11a5.png" width="1341">

• 3.  RE: Creating new users with specific permissions and authorizations

Posted Mar 18, 2020 11:06 AM
    Hii Brendan,
    I want to delete without LDAP synchronization, I try "USER Update.jar -u_ldapsync" for this but I couldn't. 
    (delete users leaving the job)

can you give me advice for that?

thanks

------------------------------
    Manager
    Telekom AS
    ------------------------------

• 4.  Creating new users with specific permissions and authorizations

Posted Jul 18, 2016 05:17 AM
    Thanks Brendan, that's great ! I'm going to try it  :)