Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Has anyone received a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message when monitoring a message queue on OS400?

Posted Apr 19, 2016 04:38 PM
    I tried using a console event to monitor a message queue on our OS400 system and I am receiving a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message in the communications process. Has anyone else seen this/or have any ideas on how to fix it?

• 2.  Has anyone received a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message when monitoring a message queue on OS400?

Posted Apr 28, 2016 09:13 PM
    Hi Ron,

With the message 'Invalid Msg from Agent', I have not personally experience this before but looking at that generic message, it does not give us a lot of information in regard to exactly is the cause.

I was curious if you are seeing any other error within the CP log and if the Agent show any error message.  Is it possible to share the logs (to see if its show any other details prior to that message).  If you are not able to provide the logs on this public forum (due to Ip address, etc..).  I would recommend opening a ticket with support and they can take a closer in dept look (they might require you to enable a few traces and reproduce the issue so that it would give more information, should the standard log not contain enough info).

• 3.  Has anyone received a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message when monitoring a message queue on OS400?

Posted May 09, 2016 02:07 PM
    Thank you for the response Luu. Sorry for my delay! To give some more detail. In the CP logs I am seeing:
    U01002403 Found no termination character for type 'String Sized' on position  '152', module 'EV_OEVNT.msgtxt'.
    U00009907 Memory dump 'Invalid Msg from Agent INSIGHT' (Address='0000000005090040', Length='380')

• 4.  Has anyone received a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message when monitoring a message queue on OS400?

Posted May 09, 2016 03:30 PM
    What version is that Agent "INSIGHT" and what version is the Automation Engine on?

• 5.  Has anyone received a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message when monitoring a message queue on OS400?

Posted May 13, 2016 11:00 AM
    AE is version 11.1.0 HF 1 build 1018 and Insight is  OS400 agent version 11.1.1 build 460. I have opened a ticket with support and they have passed it along to engineering,

• 6.  Has anyone received a 'Invalid Msg from Agent' message when monitoring a message queue on OS400?

Posted May 16, 2016 02:54 PM
    Hi Ron,

As both the AE and the Agent is on the V11 so it is support, but the fact that its doing a Memory dump when the error occur suggest something abnormal is happening with this version/environment.

Let us know what Support/Engineering come back with.