Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do I keep my OS400 agents from loosing connection the the AE server?

Posted Mar 29, 2016 04:16 PM
    We have multiple OS400 systems that have agents on them. Approx. every 12 hours the AE indicates that the agent is down. When I check the OS400 system the agent is still up and active. If I send a ping to the OS400 system from the AE server it responds and the same is true for pinging from the OS400 to the AE server. The agent indicates a 3426 error saying 'A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket'. If there is a long running job active the agent is less likely to show down. Any assistance figuring out why this may be happening or what we can do to stop it from happening would be appreciated.

• 2.  How do I keep my OS400 agents from loosing connection the the AE server?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2016 08:38 PM
    It sounds like there might be a Network rule in place that shuts down sockets with no activity.
    In the past, users have ran a job every few hours to keep the socket alive or asked the Network Admins to modify the rule for the ports used by the Agent and AE to communicate.

• 3.  How do I keep my OS400 agents from loosing connection the the AE server?

Posted Apr 05, 2016 03:50 PM
    Working on the basis that this could be due to no activity I created a job that I could run every 6 hours(agent appears to drop off every 12 or so). Before the job was able to run a second time the agent dropped off.
    The other bizarre thing is that this is only happening with our OS400 agents not our windows or unix agents.

• 4.  How do I keep my OS400 agents from loosing connection the the AE server?

Posted Apr 05, 2016 04:28 PM
    We had similar issue - and it was a process that was booting the agent off a particular port.  Didn't matter if the agent was actively processing or not - it just got booted off.  It was some weird network rule.  Not sure if that could be the case here - that's all I can think of. Weird that the agent just disconnects though and doesn't come completely down.

• 5.  How do I keep my OS400 agents from loosing connection the the AE server?

Posted Apr 27, 2016 03:02 PM
    Looking at how often the agent drops off from the server the idea that it was the network killing the socket didn't make a lot of sense and the keep alive time was every 10 minutes which also went against that, however I decided to drop that keep alive time down to 60 seconds(keep in mind automic says that it adds another 60 seconds on to what ever you set it at) so it would create a keep alive communication every 2 minutes. The agent stayed up over 24 hours without issue. I am now trying to up that keep alive time to see what the threshold is.