Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Uo4005886 - move files using same agent

Posted Apr 27, 2015 08:13 AM
    HI
    I am trying to move a group of files from one location to another on the same server\agent, I am getting the message U04005886 - please define different agents for source and destination.
    I have only been using the software for a day so I am still very much learning. I am using a JOBF filetransfer. Should I be using a different job for this? It seemed like the logical choice so I don't understand why it is failing?

Please help.

• 2.  Uo4005886 - move files using same agent

Posted Apr 27, 2015 10:59 AM

you can use the process tab and standard copy / move commands for this.  the JOBF is agent to agent.

• 3.  Uo4005886 - move files using same agent

Posted Apr 27, 2015 07:12 PM
    As Mark suggested, use a standard OS job for the transfer. Using JOBF to transfer a file between folders on a Server is not as efficient as the basic OS command.

If you want to use JOBF, you'll need to install another Agent on that server. JOBF is intended for transferring files between Servers.

• 4.  Uo4005886 - move files using same agent

Posted Apr 28, 2015 04:22 AM
    Thanks for the replies, I am a little disappointed that the JOBF requires 2 agents to move a file on the same server, this seemed like a logical place to have such a feature that didn't require command line scripting knowledge. Thanks again for taking time to reply. 

• 5.  Uo4005886 - move files using same agent

Posted Apr 28, 2015 12:56 PM
      |   view attached
    You could make a basic template job that people can use and modify to their own uses, so they don't need to make a new job each time.

I've attached a Windows and Unix job example. move_files.xml
    Select the Agent and Login for the jobs. At execution, the user is prompted for the Source Path/File and the Destination Path/File.

They're built for v10, but will work for v9, edit the XML file and change the version to the version of v9 you're using:
    <uc-export clientvers="10.0.3+build.663"> to <uc-export clientvers="9.00A****">

Attachment(s)

xml
    move_files.xml   10 KB 1 version

• 6.  Uo4005886 - move files using same agent

Posted Apr 28, 2015 08:04 PM
    James:

I don't think that you should be too disappointed with UC4 since, to my knowledge, there is no IP based file transfer product that can perform one using a single IP address.  Just to be fair, we get many similar requests to use a File Transfer object here similar to your desire and end up creating an appropriate Job object to meet the requirement.

As Jennifer states you could use two Agents on the same host thus having two separate/different ports being used.

Or as Mark suggests, use a standard OS job for the transfer thus not needing ports which is what we routinely do.