Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  In UC8 8.0 can does Automic provide and basic scripts for monitoring?

Posted Jan 12, 2015 02:50 PM
    This would be for maybe windows (2008 as an example) where you could use UC4 (maybe even the API) to monitor it's clients for disk space issues or other system related monitoring?  I heard there is a dashboard but so wondering if anyone uses UC4 to do this for the clients it hosts?  We could write our own scripts too but maybe some basic ones out there for basic monitoring of windows events?

• 2.  In UC8 8.0 can does Automic provide and basic scripts for monitoring?

Posted Jan 12, 2015 04:20 PM
    We are on V8 and use the Cockpit to monitor blocked process flows and Agent availability.  There is an associated Time Event that acquires the needed information and populates a Variable.

I am not aware of anything specifically provided by Automic, i.e. pre-canned, to perform any type of monitoring beyond the documented examples for the Cockpit object.

We don't specifically monitor for disk space since we have other non-UC4 process that do that and send alerts.  However, since there are Script functions, such as GET_FILESYSTEM, this could be easily added.  Just remember that the Cockpit displays the numerical contents of the Variable.

• 3.  In UC8 8.0 can does Automic provide and basic scripts for monitoring?

Posted Jan 26, 2015 08:53 AM
    Thanks

• 4.  In UC8 8.0 can does Automic provide and basic scripts for monitoring?

Posted Feb 19, 2015 11:34 AM
    Like Mark, we also use non-UC4 tools for monitoring disk space and other aspects of our servers. For monitoring our agents, we use a script call SYS_HOST_ALIVE to check the availability of our agents. If one of them returns N, the process fails, sends emails and texts. This runs every 5 min I believe. Having the cockpit to me seems counter productive because it's something I have to watch. Having a process that checks for me means I only get notifications when something isn't right.