Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Forecasting

Posted Jul 06, 2015 10:19 AM
    We are using the forecast tool to extract run data for our workflows and jobs.
    However, as we have many C_PERIOD containers which execute their respective workflows/jobs numerous times during the working day i.e. every 2 minutes, the data extracted shows every occurrence of these workflows/jobs - Is there any way of having the forecasting tool limit what it gives us?

Or any other ideas would be welcome - Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Forecasting

Posted Jul 09, 2015 02:26 PM
    Doesn't look like there's a way to do exclude objects who's parent is a C_PERIOD.

What if you made a copy of the object that's used in the C_PERIOD to keep the stats separated.

• 3.  Forecasting

Posted Jul 13, 2015 07:06 AM
    >@</p>Jennifer Jinhong" 

Hi Jennifer - we don't want to exclude the objects entirely just the multiple occurrences i.e. just show 1 entry or perhaps the 1st and last execution - However, this isn't a show stopper and we may have to rely on some manual work to get the stats we want.

The more important issue we face with the forecasts is their inconsistency in what they show us - i.e. a forecast will only show C_PERIOD jobs, not jobs executed from the scheduled object or only shows 3 occurrences for a job that we know runs daily (7 days a week) - Then suddenly it will work and we get the results we expected ??
    A call is open with support for this.