Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  Test Case Priority

Posted Jul 24, 2019 06:48 AM
    Hi,

Can anyone help me how to set different test priorities (P1 - Very high, P2 - High, P3 - Medium) for test cases generated through ARD.

Thank you.
    Anuj

• 2.  RE: Test Case Priority
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2019 05:28 AM
    Hi Anuj,

There are several ways how to categorize test. For having more test sets for different testing opportunities you may have more stored Path Types, based on the purpose like Sanity, Regression, All paths. You may also create sets based on your priorities  (P1 - Very high, P2 - High, P3 - Medium). 

Every Block in flow has Test Importance in Block details, I would recommend to use this setting and categorize test cases based on Test importance of individual blocks in path. Then you are able to filter paths based on Test Importance and move filtered results to another Store Path Type. 

Pavel

------------------------------
    Product Owner
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Test Case Priority

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2019 05:32 AM
    Edited by Ruth Kusterer Jul 25, 2019 05:34 AM
    (PS: I had not seen the other response yet :) )

By which criteria do you determine the priority of test cases (a path)? 

For example, if reaching certain steps makes a path a high priority: There is an "importance" property in each block that you can set (using Design->Grid Edit).
    how to bulk set block properties

And when you generate paths in the Path Explorer, you can sort them by importance. You can select the important ones, and store them as a custom path type.
    Store selected important paths

Under Manage->Stored Path Types, you can create a container to store paths types that you consider high priority: 
    path types are containers for stored paths

Optionally, under Manage->Path Collection Editor, you can initialise your path type container based on existing stored paths types (if you already have some):
    You can fill custom path types by combining sets of of other stored path types.

Technical Writer
    Broadcom / CA