Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  TSDB vs HBase : What to choose in long term?

Posted Oct 03, 2019 06:31 AM
    Hi all, The problem we are trying to solve: Store all the data points that could be queried later point to deduce performance of a web service. Give a visual representation of data.

Here is my understanding so far from what I have read on Hbase and on TSDB sites

TSDB stores data in Hbase, albeit in a little non-standard way (wide-row format)

TSDB is blazingly fast and gives ways of adding graphs very quickly.

HBase while slow compared to TSDB, gives you option of using SIMBA ODBC driver to connect it to Tableau, which is amazingly agile and beautiful visual data-representation.
    One more issue with TSDB is it doesn't work with current HBase .96 (I know tsuna@ is working on it but I don't have a timeline for a stable release of tsdb which works against current Hbase.96)

So your simple answer could be Hbase or TSDB, or in addition to choosing one over another, you can justify your answer and help me choose one over another.

I am open for other solutions if they can support about trillion data-points stored over a year.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: TSDB vs HBase : What to choose in long term?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 02:51 AM
    Hi Liana, 
    This is discussion about Agile Requirements Designer, that may help you with creating and managing tests. 
    I would recoment to ask the same question or stack overflow where are more experienced people. For example someone already asked similar question there https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20446299/tsdb-vs-hbase-what-to-choose-in-long-term so I am sure you can get help there.
    Best Regards,
    Pavel

------------------------------
    Product Owner
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------