Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  Automation in spreadsheet format

Posted Jan 30, 2020 10:20 AM
    I want to create object types and then corresponding actions to be displayed in spreadsheet format.
    For this, Under layers, I selected Select entry "Spreadsheet". Though I am able to import my code snippet in spreadsheet format
    and the file is also created as per the File extension provided under Export, however the xls/xlsx sheet created doesnot open.

I have attached 2 sheets that I got created when i added actions.
    1. act1.xlsx - when I selected extension xlsx (Unable to open this file)
    2. act2.xls - when I selected extension xls (Though I am able to open file, data has been exported in csv format)

The observation was - no matter which file extension you select; only csv format is getting created by the tool. Thus excel sheets are
    not getting created properly. Can you help here please?

• 2.  RE: Automation in spreadsheet format
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2020 04:16 AM
    Hi Pooja,
    One automation layer can generate just one format of data. That is actual purpose of layers. It seems someone created "Spreadsheet" layer for your usage to enable to export to csv format of data. File extension does not change format of generated data. We can recommend to keep using csv format.  Since xls/xlsx formats are not easy to generate it would be hard create automation layer. If you need to have data in xls/xlsx format, you may convert it using Excel or some third party tools.
    Regards,
    Pavel

------------------------------
    Product Owner
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------