Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  JIRA and TFS Field Mapping In ARD Guidance required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2021 05:37 PM
    Does anyone have an example for default TFS and JIRA mapping that gives the maximum information for Epics, Features, User Stories and Tests, for Block, Flow and Path.

Also when using the export function to these integrations when would one use a block, a flow or a path.

We have setup the integration and can successfully connect to both the JIRA and the TFS instance, however I am unsure of the mappings.

TFS is functional but not much is going through and this has to do with what we have linked in teh configuration, so hoping to get some guidance as to what is best.

The JIRA on Export into JIRA we are receiving the following error  : Specify a valid value for reporter, At least one of id or key is required to identify an issue.  

Any guidance and assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: JIRA and TFS Field Mapping In ARD Guidance required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2021 04:54 AM
    Hello.  For the default values you can right mouse click on an object and select defaults

As to the question about when would you use a block, flow or path during an export.  This depends on what you are trying to achieve.  Here is a link that walks through some examples.  It is for Rally but the principle is the same

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/agile-requirements-designer/3-2/integrations/integration-with-lifecycle-tools/integrate-with-rally.html

Finally regarding the reporter parameter.  This is a mandatory Jira field (somewhat confused as to the actually state of your configuration file)  You will need to create a custom variable, ie myreporter, set it to a value, (i think this is the user id that is being used to connect to Jira) and then map this value to the reporter attribute in the configuration file.

I hope this makes sense.

• 3.  RE: JIRA and TFS Field Mapping In ARD Guidance required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2021 12:16 PM
    Thank You Billy

The reply helped me to get it all working