Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can we connect to the Database in ARD tool for running ETL Test Cases and any other test cases where we need to store or pick data from the database and How?

• 1.  Can we connect to the Database in ARD tool for running ETL Test Cases and any other test cases where we need to store or pick data from the database and How?

Posted May 16, 2019 07:16 AM

I have created a test case related to ETL, how can I connect it to my data base so that data is stored in the tables and how to pick the data from the Inbound file.

How to create a outbound file?

• 2.  Re: Can we connect to the Database in ARD tool for running ETL Test Cases and any other test cases where we need to store or pick data from the database and How?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2019 05:59 AM

Thank you for the question, I don't fully understand exactly what the contents of the inbound and outbound file would be, but hopefully this helps.

Agile Requirements Designer can be used to model the expected behaviour of data transformations, although we don't have a full solution for this out of the box. We have an integration with CA TDM, which is able to connect to databases to extract data. The expected result of each ETL test case could be exported from ARD as a CSV dataset.

This would give you a set of ETL test case definitions which you could execute manually or automate in some way.

Thanks

Josh