Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-Output Case - Output more than one attribute

Posted Jan 11, 2019 11:45 AM

Multi-Output Case appears to be able to output an attribute from multiple attributes.  Is there a way to design the editor so two or more attributes can be output?  For example, a user has the option to select no states, one state, or multiple states in a field, not just one or none.

• 2.  Re: Multi-Output Case - Output more than one attribute

Broadcom Employee

• 3.  Re: Multi-Output Case - Output more than one attribute

Posted Jan 14, 2019 11:42 AM

Thanks for getting back to me, no I hadn't at the time I posted.  After reviewing the link, it appears that the decision tables will have to be manually built out if I understand correctly. 

The user interface has 10 selection fields, and each selection field has multiple selections a user can select.  The user can select up to 5 options in each selection field.  So building out all of the different options this way would take quite a bit of time because with this example we're speaking of +50k scenarios.  

I'd like ARD to build out all of the possible combinations the user can encounter automatically.  In short, we give ARD the field names and static selection options and ARD outputs all of the possible combinations or scenarios a user could select.

• 4.  Re: Multi-Output Case - Output more than one attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2019 04:45 AM

Hi Ian,

The decision tables  can be built manually, but you can use "Add From Tables" functionality to copy data from any table  (Excel table) so input may be automatically generated by some small script. 

Problem with your page having 10 fields with 5 options each. To test every combination it is 5^10 possibilities that is around 10M of combinations. And it would be impossible to use one block with this number of outputs.

Maybe you can try to use the subflow for making the data, having each selection field as separate Multi-Output Case. Then you can use our optimizer to limit count of combinations.

Pavel Sestak