Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  Frequent crashes with ARD Vers. 2.8

Posted Jun 06, 2018 06:36 AM

HI, a few days ago I started using the 2.8 version of ARD on PC with Windows 10 but I found frequent crashes of the program (especially when saving the project) and high CPU consumption in the initial "Welcome" screen that shows up opening of the program.
    These problems are not found in version 2.7.
    Have you had any other reports about it?
    Thanks so much.

• 2.  Re: Frequent crashes with ARD Vers. 2.8
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:57 AM

Hi,

Did you observe this behavior with all the flows or just a few. Is the CPU consumption always high whenever you start the tool?

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/agile-designer-installed-on-windows-2012-r2-crashing-upon-launch/kb000047237

Cause: 

ARD does support Windows Server 2012 R2. This problem occurs when the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio is either not installed or the operating system has problems installing it. If this prerequisite is not located on your machine, ARD will refuse to run. 

This is noted in our documentation here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-2/en/installing/installation-prerequisites 

The resolution is mentioned in the link given below. Let us know if this helps.

Agile Designer installed on Windows 2012 R2 crashi - CA Knowledge 

Regards,

Aditi

Sr. Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Frequent crashes with ARD Vers. 2.8

Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:06 AM

Hi Kapad01,

this behavior often occurs but not always and occurs with flow already present but also with flow just created.

The CPU consumption is always high each time I start the instrument and as long as I stay in the Welcome section (where the examples are shown). When I open a specific project, or create a new one, the CPU consumption returns to a normal level.

Thank so much.

• 4.  Re: Frequent crashes with ARD Vers. 2.8

Posted Jun 08, 2018 12:20 AM

Hi,

Regards,

Aditi

Sr. Support Engineer