Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  Loop/ iteration number specific constraints

Posted Oct 31, 2018 10:10 AM
      |   view attached

How can i add loop specific constraints? let's say, for loop 1: I do not want decision output of one of the node in path which says 'repeated tag'.

Please have a look at attached image. I always want output marked as 1 in 1st iteration of loop. 

Test case can not end with number 2 being the only 1 block.

• 2.  Re: Loop/ iteration number specific constraints

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:05 AM

Hi Gunesh,

Let me review this and see if there is a way to do this.

• 3.  Re: Loop/ iteration number specific constraints
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 03:42 AM

Hi,

I guess there could be a discussion on if you are really trying to model requirements or if you are trying to model a procedure. Trying to use a flow as an algorithm to build something will not always be possible.

But that being said, it looks to me that your loop is more like a “while”-loop whereas your requirement is more like a “do until” loop.

What if you would model as follows:

From process “Iterate over Response” create a flow “New-Created” to the process with output copied as is.

From decision “All response tags processed” the “no” flow goes to decision with outputs 1 and 2

Cheers,

Danny

• 4.  Re: Loop/ iteration number specific constraints

Posted Nov 01, 2018 07:14 AM

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your response. I do see your point. Abstracting the model might have added some ambiguity.

The requirement is to map XML response from an SoR to REST fields of a middleware service.

The data mapping is dependent on start date in XML tag blocks. All data blocks with same date should be mapped to 1 JSON array and everytime a new date is encountered, new JSON array must be created.

I think your way of modeling it will work for the requirement. I will give it a try and see how it pans out.

Out of curiosity, might we need loop number specific constraints for requirements like considering only odd/even nodes or linear progression sequences.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Gunesh

• 5.  Re: Loop/ iteration number specific constraints

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:38 AM

Hi Gunesh,

Have a look at this prior Communities post which references some of what you're trying to accomplish:

https://communities.ca.com/message/242022924-forcing-path-to-route-through-a-specific-item-during-generation-process

hope this helps.