Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  Impacts preview and review in subflows

Posted Jul 26, 2017 01:38 PM

I was asked by a client about this situation:

I have a model created (will call as parent model) which is used as subflow in 2 other models (will call as child model)

If I change this parent model I can view the impact and the repair that I need to do on the paths inside of this model. Which means… I know which test cases I need to re-execute due a requirement change.

The problem is: How can I do to know and visualize the test cases impacted that need to be re-executed on the child models?

Is it possible to be done in ARD? Is there some kind of report that shows me that? Do I need to perform some workaround?

• 2.  Re: Impacts preview and review in subflows

Posted Jul 31, 2017 12:47 PM

Hey there. I just want to make sure I understand what is being asked here before I try to comment. So, I 'm going to rephrase what you said and you can let me know if we are on the same page. 

1. You have two high level flows which incorporate a third flow as a subflow.
    2. When you make requirements changes to the subflow, you are able to easily identify what test cases need to be re-run as well as which new cases need to be created and executed. In other words, you are able to perform incremental testing based on the changes. 
    3. You don't see a why to do this from the high level flows (which are calling the subflow) and are wondering if this is possible and if so how? 

Is that a correct understanding? 

Thanks,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Impacts preview and review in subflows
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 12:24 AM

Here is a response from Walter to the Client I believe you are talking about:

You can try the following:

Once you have selected the required path, you will see that ARD has selected a series of path that satisfy a “singular row”. Tell me why would you like to select a specific path? How about this as a manual path?

For your second question, you can use a decision table and add the necessary variables to complete the logic for each of the subflows to execute.

Please let me know, if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

Walter Guerrero

Further clarification is needed in either case.

Cheers!
    Les