Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  How to change the Word template?

Posted Aug 17, 2017 12:24 PM

Hello,

I know we can change the Excel template to export appropriate content in Excel spreadsheets.

Can we change the Word template in order to generate a specific Word content?

If yes, how to do it (best practice or guideline...)?

Thanks,

Regards

Olivier.

• 2.  Re: How to change the Word template?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2017 12:55 PM

Hi Olivier, 

Here is our documentation on using ARD with Word: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-5/en/integrations/export-to-word  

Requirements IDs may be applied to each block for the purposes of complying with users’ own requirements processes, and to make Word exports more comprehensive, especially for the specific preparation of a Requirements document. The documentation explains how to do this. 

If this is not what you are looking for, you will need to submit an enhancement request by following the directions in this document: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1304303.html  

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: How to change the Word template?

Posted Sep 07, 2017 10:26 AM

Thanks Taylor,

I saw that but I wanted to know if we had the capability to create a new or update the existing Word template to generate the ARD / Word documentation.

It sounds that it's not possible.

Olivier.

• 4.  Re: How to change the Word template?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2017 11:35 AM

Olivier, if you go to the examples folder -> templates, you will find a word template with an example of essentially everything you can do, you may be able to alter this to meet your needs.

Ben

• 5.  Re: How to change the Word template?

Posted Sep 07, 2017 11:58 AM

That's it!

Thanks Ben.