DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  The UIM server is resetting the packet when trying to telnet from CA UIM to the robot

Posted Aug 21, 2019 06:05 AM
    Issue : The UIM server is resetting the packet when trying to telnet from CA UIM to the robot .

The network team has checked the rules in firewall and every rule is fine . 

• 2.  RE: The UIM server is resetting the packet when trying to telnet from CA UIM to the robot

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:12 PM
    Sorry don't understand. 
    Provide specific details as if we can't see or guess what you are seeing.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: The UIM server is resetting the packet when trying to telnet from CA UIM to the robot

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:17 PM
    UIM is just another application on your server that interacts with the network. There is nothing in UIM that I know of that would get in the way of telnet working. Certainly, unless you've done something really unusual, nothing that's going to modify another application's data packets. 

You should try stopping the UIM software (Nimbus watcher service if this is windows) and see if the telnet problem persists. If it does then you've proven that it's not UIM.

• 4.  RE: The UIM server is resetting the packet when trying to telnet from CA UIM to the robot

Posted Aug 22, 2019 12:57 AM
    Hi all ,

@ David : The robot is reporting to primary hub and we are unable to do a telnet from primary hub to robot and when I am trying to telnet we are seeing that UIM is resetting the packet @ network level and unable to communicate to that robot . ​​

@ Garin : After stopping the nimbus service ,  ​if telnet happens then what could be understanding out of it ?

And how to resolve this issue in this case as I have mentioned above .

Regards
    Amar