DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 07, 2020 08:15 AM
    Hi all

I wanted to configure vmware log monitoring  

is this possible via logmon probe since agnt can't be installed on vcentres so how would logmon access the vcentre logs?

please suggest.

Regards
    Nijin

------------------------------
    Tools admin
    DXC TECHNOLOGY

• 2.  RE: VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 07, 2020 11:20 AM
    Have you tried using a mapped drive?

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 12, 2020 01:05 PM
    Hi Nijin,

Are you looking for any specific monitoring in vcenters ?so that we can suggest

• 4.  RE: VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 15, 2020 03:49 AM
    Hello

I suposse u have vmware probe installed but you need more information of specific events in log files

Your vcenter is and appliance or a normal server ? Maybe u can use logmon from another server and access throught via share, another good option I think is to install if u can use Log Insight or configure vmware to send log files to somewhere like a NAS, and get it from  Nimsoft with sysloggtw probe 

Regards

Team Leader
    Indra

• 5.  RE: VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 15, 2020 04:43 AM
    Hi all

Yes i have VMware probe installed but that is not capable to monitor ntp sync so i was thinking that would be present in the vcentre logs.

i asked my windows team and they confirmed that ntp sync does not get updated in any logs so i need to think of new way.

I did check the ntp_response probe but for some vcentre ip is not getting detected in ntp_response probe in our ntp server  maybe some port needs to be opened but nothing is mentioned ntp_response probe docs

There is one kb article where they are saying to add the entry for host in etc.conf file in ntp server ,that is not feasible since the server team don't want to reboot the server as all apps in our environment will be impacted.

If somebody could suggest how to make this work that would be great.

regards
    nijin

Tools admin
    DXC TECHNOLOGY

• 6.  RE: VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 15, 2020 01:33 PM
    You cant directly monitor the ntp sync time using vmware probe ,do you want to monitor ntp sync on vcenter or esx hosts

• 7.  RE: VMWARE logs monitoring

Posted Oct 19, 2020 07:07 AM
    hi issac 

can you guide me how to monitor ntp sync on vmaware probe , we have cecked and found the ntp services can be monitored but not the actual ntp sync on vcentres.

Regards
    Nijin

Tools admin
    DXC TECHNOLOGY