DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  messagegtw queue clarification

Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:34 AM
    So this isn't explained in the messagegtw probe wiki but if anyone here can clarify this.
    So when we setup this probe we create a hub queue specifically for this probe to use. We then create nas AO profile rules and add whatever messages we want sent to the Queue we specify thru a WebHook.

My question is if we have 2 profiles setup under messagegtw probe can both profiles utilize the same Queue and send out the same package to the specific URL's in each profile using just one queue? 
    Meaning we have 2 receiver URL's that should be getting the same alert information package. Both profiles are essentially the same except the destinations are different. But can they both utilize the same Queue or does each profile pop the message(s) off the queue and the other profile doesn't get that alert that was in the queue? 

Or does each profile need its own specific queue defined to work out of?

------------------------------
    Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 2.  RE: messagegtw queue clarification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:40 AM
    The general rule for all hub queues is "one subscriber per queue" - this is why, for example, data_engine has a queue to listen to all QOS_MESSAGEs and qos_processor has a duplicate queue for the same, rather than the two sharing a queue.  So you would need one queue per profile.

• 3.  RE: messagegtw queue clarification

Posted Oct 17, 2019 12:42 PM
    Thanks Jason.
    I made the change and I see in the logs at level 4 that its sending to both profiles now instead of one of them randomly. 
    This should be added to the wiki at some point to specify this fact. 

For each profile, it needs its own dedicated hub queue and nas AO rule webhook created.

Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies