DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Live View dashboards stop updating

Posted Oct 07, 2019 12:39 PM
    ​Hi All,
    We are running a couple of dash boards in "LIve View mode"  These are critical processes that our command center needs to watch 24/7. The problem we are encountering is,  that even after adjusting settings according to docops document (Below) we are still having problems. The dashboard is updated through SQL Queries. It seems the Dashboard will run and update normally for about 2 to 3 hours. And then the dashboard stops updating. We placed a Date/Time stamp in the corner of the dashboard and it continues to update with no problem. The command center is having to continually recycle the webpage to  get the data to start updating again. According to the doc below and support we were told to set "dataSession" to 120000ms and added the "datasource" key and gave it a 60000ms setting.  Even after doing this the condition continues to happen.  Has anyone encountered this problem and what did you do to resolve it?

TIA

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/en/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-dashboards/#TroubleshootingDashboards-DashboardQueriesTimeOutDuringDataRetrieval

• 2.  RE: Live View dashboards stop updating
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2019 12:14 PM
    Yes, I too have this problem. 

And have been shown the "query timeout" adjustments. 

My logs indicate that some queries are timing out but there's no legitimate way my SQL server is failing to respond - I've got tables with 14 billion records in them that query fine in real time, no way querying an alarm table with 6000 records takes longer than 60 seconds. Especially when watching the timings when it's working indicate single digit ms responses.

My suspicion is that it's a defect where the piece of the code that runs the query or processes the result gets stuck and that gets reported as a timeout - nothing to do with the underlying infrastructure.

I also think that there's something in Liferay that might be deactivating the login after a period of time too.