DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  SNMPTD PROBE CONFIGURATION

Posted Aug 31, 2020 03:14 PM
    Good day.

I am trying to configure the snmptd probe to capture SNMP traps sent by the equipment, but which are not the ones that correspond to the ones recognized by the system with the OIDs or MIBs, but rather they are SNMP traps in which the same system reports the problems you can have.

Someone has made this configuration or has worked with this probe that can give me some configuration tips.

------------------------------
    Application Consultant II
    Axity Colombia SAS

• 2.  RE: SNMPTD PROBE CONFIGURATION

Posted Aug 31, 2020 05:45 PM
    the equipment mib has to be added to snmptd. 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmptd-simple-network-management-protocol-trap-daemon-monitoring/snmptd-im-configuration.html

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: SNMPTD PROBE CONFIGURATION

Posted Sep 01, 2020 09:40 AM
    Good morning Michael.

I followed the procedure in the document you sent me earlier, but the probe is not capturing data even though the device is sending it. If I use the SNMP Monitor, no information is reflected in it.

Axity Colombia SAS

• 4.  RE: SNMPTD PROBE CONFIGURATION

Posted Sep 01, 2020 10:12 AM
    Not showing up in the probe trap monitor is an indication the trap is not being received by the system hosting the probe.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: SNMPTD PROBE CONFIGURATION

Posted Sep 01, 2020 10:15 AM

Hi Juan,

1) First you need to upload the MIB in SNMPTD probe "MIB browser"
    2) Launch "MIB trap browser" and check if you are able to see the MIB in drop down.
    3) create profile on the desird trap by Right click on the traps visible in that MIB. Tick the "Convert to Nimsoft alarm" and "convert to nimsoft SNMP - TRAP message".
    4) You can see that those traps will now be visible on the snmptd console
    5) Open SNMP Trap monitor and ask your team to send the alert.
    6) If your browser receives the trap, then it will auto convert it to alarm and will be visible to your console.

Do one more thing. Start a wireshark session and put a filter wrt that source in parallel to cross-verify.

Thanks
    Ankur

• 6.  RE: SNMPTD PROBE CONFIGURATION

Posted Sep 01, 2020 10:39 AM
    Hello Ankur

Thanks for the info.

I have a question. Can I create a generic profile that can take the MIBs that start with a sequence to be turned into alerts?

Example: That all the MIBs that start with 1.3.6. become alerts

Axity Colombia SAS