DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported

Posted Jul 03, 2020 10:54 AM
    ​What would be the impact on Nimsoft environment when flash player is no more supported after dec 2020.

• 2.  RE: impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported

Posted Jul 06, 2020 06:33 AM
    You will need to install/upgrade UIM 20.3
    I'm afraid that there will be a big impact, and not a positive one, because: 
    - no more listview
    - no more ump, some functions/screens/apps will go to the operator console, but no details or examples yet.
    - no more USM view, not sure if this view will be rewritten into operator console
    - no more custom client views that you could do in UMP/Liferay.
    - prd graphs will only be very basic ones (I hope that this will be changed)
    Hope that others have more info and more positive news

• 3.  RE: impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported

Posted Jul 06, 2020 06:34 AM
    I also have this question.

Since Flash is been disabled in the browser, the flash dependent portlets will not work.  But.....

If we were to delay the upgrade, would the scheduled reports continue to run?

Also, would the dashboards still work? Since they are html5 I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Also, the UMP logon page doesn't use flash, so that would still work I assume?

Reason for asking is...

It's generally best practice not to upgrade to the latest and greatest version as soon as it's released.  We like to allow bugs and hotfixes to be found/released before upgrading.

Appreciate any input on this.

Cheers,

------------------------------
    CA - UIM administrator

• 4.  RE: impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported

Posted Jul 06, 2020 10:28 AM
    At this point there's nothing built into anything other than the browsers that will prevent flash from running. And in UIM, Flash is only used as a presentation piece. So, presumably, as long as you continue to use a browser version that runs flash you will continue to have flash functionality after the first of the year.

Regarding the upgrade piece, Broadcom is hanging most of the "what does a customer do" answers on you having the resources available for porting your current functionality to CABI. Granted you need to keep in mind that any kind of UI customization that you currently have in LifeRay (UMP) will be gone and replaced with everyone getting OperatorConsole instead.

• 5.  RE: impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported

Posted Jul 06, 2020 10:47 AM
    So assume that i am using 8.5.1 and there is no upgrade path for me , there will be any patch for these versions or only upgrade is the solution ?

• 6.  RE: impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2020 10:50 AM

You can check your current version by going to the primary hub and to the <nimsoft>\version.txt file.
    No fix will be provided on any previous version.
    the only option will be to update to 20.3

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: impact on Nimsoft when flash player is no more supported

Posted Jul 06, 2020 10:50 AM
    check out this doc page for the upgrade path:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-1/installing/product-compatibility/supported-upgrade-paths.html

Support Engineer
    Broadcom